Monday, January 26, 2015

Create Your Own Coloring Book ~ Find Art in Everything You See!


Happy Monday Everyone!

I had so much FUN with my wonderful friend Linda O'Neill the other day!

She invited me over for the afternoon to play in her studio and have some tea together. :)

It was so much FUN!

When I arrived, I found an amazing art table set up with paints, brushes, pens, colored pencils, crayons & two pieces of white paper sitting across from each other waiting for us to fill them with color!

How exciting!


Making art can sometimes be a bit intimidating especially when you do not have a set idea in your head of what you want to do.

A blank piece of paper can make you want to stop even before you start so the best way to cure that feeling is to make a line, glue on a torn piece of paper or splash some ink or paint on it! :)

All of a sudden a place to begin has sprung and another mark and then another just flows one after the other.

I thought finger painting sounded like a good place to start so I smeared some mustard colored paint on the paper and blotted it a bit to make a bit more texture on the surface.

After I left it to dry for a couple of minutes while we made our tea, I came back with a pencil and started finding little creatures in the blobs in front of me.

I traced the outlines of them and then pulled out some crayons and markers and colored them in!

Ta da!

All of these little creatures began to pop of the page in just a matter of minutes!

I greeted each one with a smile and a big Hello!










You can see the pencil outlines of the ones I still get to work on at home!

I just received my delivery from Dick Blick of new art supplies that Linda was kind enough to introduce me to!


I cannot wait to use them!

As a kid I always loved to do word searches and color and I still do!

I find them both to be super relaxing and rewarding and basically just make me feel good.

There is no pressure to create... 

The hidden words & pictures to color are all there to find and color in.

There are no rules and you do not even have to stay within the lines. :)

Try creating your own coloring book page by smearing paint on some paper, blotting some of it away to create more texture and then searching for shapes that make you smile.

What a wonderful way to spend the afternoon with a special friend! :)

Thank you Linda for a wonderful day!

Please let me know if you make a coloring book page for yourself.

I would LOVE to see what you create!

xoxoxoox
Melissa & R-Chee

3 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

I love your paintings and new supplies - hope you have many happy hours of painting with them.
Loving the mustard background and the little creatures are darling!
Lynne x

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Mommy and me are saying that your makingus feel like we want to do that too!!!
So , we are going to see what happens,,, and we will show it to you!
Your little animals shapes are magic,,, and they are making us smile to look at them!! Each was just waiting for the right moment to be created!! Amazing!!
We want to come play at your house,, with you,, and your friend too!
love
twee

tubby3pug said...

I love the pug badges

retro rover