Friday, November 22, 2013

FUN Friday News! New Feathers in the Family! Meet Jimmie!


Happy Friday Everyone!

Oh MY Gosh!

I am so excited to introduce you to...

 Jimmie!

He is our beautiful new Parakeet we just adopted into our family!

He is only 2 months old, hatched on September 24, 2013!

It was so hard to keep him as a surprise for you!

The only thing that made it possible was that I did not even know if he was a boy or a girl and what to name him until we brought him home Tuesday night as he was too young to sex at that time!



He has his baby feathers and coloring right now but his face will be yellow and tummy, blue-violet.

He will also get a fluffier crown on the top of his head and loose the baby stripes that now reach down to his nare.

The dark spot on his beak will also go away as he matures in the coming months too!

He is hand fed and is already stepping up on my fingers!

I cannot wait to teach him to talk!

He and Gilbert are in separate cages and always will be, but they sing to each other and are very happy to have each other in the same family!






I was shocked when Jimmie's breeder told me our baby would have a yellow face and blue tummy as they are much more rare and I had recently created this image just for FUN in a collage just a few weeks ago!

I woke up one morning and just started making it!

It turns out it was Jimmie!

How amazing is that?

I saw him in my mind and recreated him on paper without even knowing it!

Life is Art ... Art is Life!

I made a birdie cage cover for both Gilbert and Jimmie to celebrate!

They are both made from twin sized flat sheets in retro colors that I got at the thrift store for $2!

To make Jimmie's I made a fabric recreation of the collage and sewed it on top and Gilbert's got orange pom poms!













Gilbert, Fred, Archie and I are so excited to welcome him home!

Thank you so much everyone for sharing in the FUN & excitement with us!


R-Chee cannot wait until he starts talking!

He plans on teaching him to say...

Give R-Chee a cookie!

What FUN things do you have planned for this weekend?

Please leave us a note and let us know!

We cannot wait to hear all about it!

xoxoxoxo
Melissa, Archie, Gilbert & Jimmie

8 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Welcome to your new home little Jimmie. He is gorgeous and will look so pretty with his adult plumage.
It is so amazing how you made the collage - please can I have the lottery numbers for Saturday?
Archie, you are not daft (as we say in Yorkshire :)
Lynne x
ps, love the covers with the collage picture on them.

Judy said...

hi jimmie!!! i love your connection to him before he arrived! hugs to you all!!
Judy

Molly the Airedale said...

Welcome to your new family, Jimmie! You are sure a handsome birdie!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

Tweedles -- that's me said...

We are soo happy your home has more happy chirppy and peepys too! Jimmie is so cute- and he will get more and more beautiful! I know Jimmy is as happy to be in your home-- just as happy as all of you are.
We love the sketching collage that you did ! You create magic everyday,, and magic comes to you- because your hands are open to receive!
We like the pretty colors on Gilberts and Archies little houses!
We cannot wait to learn what Jimmy learns to say!
Welcome Jimmie
love
twee

TheWriggleButts said...

Oh how fun! I hadn't noticed he was yellow headed until you said so! Most of our blue budgies are yellow headed, too (two cobalts and one mauve). I like how they turn more turquoise than blue when the blue and yellow mixes :)

Hugs, Ane

Noodles said...

Well Jimmie! Did you know you are now in the awesome-ist family?
Love Noodles

Pug Slope said...

Hi Jimmie! Well you sure flew into a good home. I love your custom cover with that neat illustration of you and Gilbert!

-Love,
Sid.

marianne said...

Ohhh!!!! What fun to have a new family member!
As a kid I had lots of parakeets. I love them!!
But now with cats in the house we can't have any birds......
What a beautiful story about Jimmy and your vision of him! The blankets you made for them are awesome!
And so nice Gilbert has someone to talk with.
Congratulations!
♥M