Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Meet The 1st Artist to ever Inspire Me!

Glass on Porcelain Pottery ~ circa 1980

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I have a very special post to share with you today!

I want to introduce you to the 1st artist to ever inspire me...

My Grandma, Stella Cole.

She loved to make gorgeous pottery like the piece above.

I am so blessed to have this piece.

She also liked to weave and made these gorgeous pieces below...




Wool Weaving ~ circa 1979


Wool Pillows ~ circa 1979

Grandma always shared her love of life, art and family with Melanie and me.

She had a special way of loving you that made you feel how much she adored you and that has carried me with a warm hug my whole life by just thinking about her.

Grandma was the most special and talented person I have ever met, and I am so grateful for everything she taught me...

  • To love unconditionally
  • To create what you love and love what you create
  • To cherish those around you 
  • and to laugh with and hug the ones you love everyday!

xoxoxoxo
Melissa


5 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

That is beautiful Melissa!
Your grandmother was such a talented and creative lady. It is no suprise that you have inherited her passion for crafts.
Lynne x

Laura said...

My Grandma introduced me to sewing! They say it skips a generation, and I believe it because my Mom was not the creative type. Glad you have those wonderful items from your Grandma!

Meredith LeBlanc said...

My grandmothers and mother inspire me to create. We are so lucky to have creative women guiding us.

We love you Melissa!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Molly the Airedale said...

How talented your grandma was, Melissa! Her work is just beautiful and how lucky you are to have some of it!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

This is such a beautiful tribute to your Grandma. She was full of love and life. The little seeds from her soul is what made you and Melly.
All her creations and love-- you now have. Your Grandma lives on in you- and it was meant to happen this way.
We all feel that unconditional love from you,,,
We wish we knew your Grandma- what a gift she has been in your life,
The seeds continue to spread through you and Melly- to all of us who know you- and all those around the world who are touched by you.
Your Grandma what a special artist and what a soul she had,
Her art work is awsome.
Thank you for sharing her with us,
love
twee