Monday, July 02, 2012

Crocheting in Circles ~ New Round Pillow!


Happy Monday everyone!

R-Chee & I are so glad you enjoyed seeing our new family pug cave. :)

We have been busy working on pillows for the new space.

I found some fabulous free patterns on Tangled Online Magazine that I have been having so much FUN combining into new patterns for this round pillow I just finished!

I made two large circles with drop down sides decorated with bobbles to cover an old pillow I had in the attic!

I just love how it turned out!


The front is so bright and cheery!

On a whim, I made a little free formed flower for the center that really makes me smile!


Here is how I made the pillow...

The front begins with a circle I made from Tangled's fabulous FREE Bullseye pattern.

The yellow and white rows that I added are from the record pillow pattern that I also followed last week to make the tummy of my Sunflower Owl Pillow. :)


I then kept increasing the circle in a mustard color wool yarn from Universal Yarn adding bobble rows to make the circle big enough to fold down and wrap the sides of the old pillow I was covering.


This is the back that I just made up using single crochet stitches and some alternating bobble rows from Lion Brand Amazing yarn and Fisherman's Wool.

After it was large enough to cover the back, I got out my handy dandy yarn needle and sewed it to the end row of the drop down sides. :)


R-Chee loves the new cushion and asked if it could be a pug bed for him. :)


He said he thinks it is big enough to park his pug butt on and watch me while I work. :)

I smiled and told him I would make him an even bigger & squishier one for his little pug butt to perch.

Somehow, I got him to agree and placed the pillow right in the center of the new comfy day bed!


Front of the pillow

Back of the pillow

Ta Da!


Ok, momma... I am holding you to that promise!

I will go into the yarn room & pick out my colors for my pug bed ...Okey Dokey?

Okey Dokey R-Chee!

What colors do you think I should use for R-Chee's new bed?

Please leave us a note and let us know!

I cannot wait to hear your ideas!

xoxoxo
Melissa & R-Chee

11 comments:

The Daily Pip said...

Happy Monday, Archie! I love your new pillow.

Your pal, Pip

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderfully creative ~ jazzy colors ~ and think you better keep your promise ~~ thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

Carolyn Dube said...

Fabulous!! Thanks for sharing!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That is so nice. Mom thinks she would get dizzy going round and round:). Bet it will make a great bed for Archie.


Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Puglette said...

I love your round pillow! I have been thinking about making a round pillow too! Maybe one with a pug face! Is the pug pillow on the day bed crocheted or fabric? I would love to crochet a little square puggy too!
hugs,
Judy

Meredith LeBlanc said...

That is a perfect puggy bed, well a little bigger of course...

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Sketching with Dogs said...

So gorgeous! We love the bobbles and little flower.
Dip Bridge and Elliot x

Mare said...

Oh Melissa i LOVE these round pillows! I think my cats would love them too!

Molly the Airedale said...

What pretty pillows! Your new bed will be beautiful, Archie, in any colors that your mom chooses!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh we are loving the new round pillow.
Look at all those pillows on the Day Bed- They are beautiful!
We love the colors..
I think some green and red would be good for Archies big pillow... well any color of course too!
love
tweedles

The Mini Mum said...

Very cool pillows! I may have to put them on my to-do list :)