Monday, June 25, 2012

My Sunflower Owl Pillow


Happy Monday everyone!

I am so excited to show you my New Sunflower Owl Pillow!

He is a hybrid of two patterns I just love.

One is the FUN Owl Pillow pattern I purchased on Etsy and the other is a FREE pattern I found online for a Record Pillow!

I loved the ribbed circular design so much that I used it for the owl's tummy instead of making it into a fabulous record like my friend Lynne did!

It is so cute that I cannot wait to make one of those too!



I had so much FUN using my new self striping wool yarn that I purchased from Universal Yarn!

The one I chose is called Apple Orchard!

I wanted to decorate his tummy so I made a sunflower design which is inspired by the wonderful art my friend, Nancy Medina, creates!

Everything she paints makes me so happy that this sunflower just magically appeared from my hands & crochet hooks!


...and of course I had to add the sleepy eyes, feet and wings to this owl too as I did to the first and second owl pillows I made!

I just love how he turned out and now he lives in a very special space that I will unveil to you tomorrow!

Fred and I have been busily creating it over the last few weeks.

We have kept it quiet as it is a special place that is a surprise for R-Chee too!

See you tomorrow!

xoxoxo
Melissa & R-Chee


7 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Wow, I love your owl so much Melissa and the self-striping yarn is fantastic!
What a great touch to add the sunflower. I had so much fun making these with you!
Lynne x

Molly the Airedale said...

We love your happy owl pillow, Melissa. It's making us smile!
We can't wait for tomorrow!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

carol l mckenna said...

Very creative owl and sunflower ~ Love it ! ~~ thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

Mare said...

I love these sweet pillows! I'm not able to follow patterns very well yet but i am planning to try them soon! Love, mare

Karen Smithey said...

Such a sweet little pillow friend! I've been running into owls all over the place, lately, wonder what that means?

The Daily Pip said...

He is super cute and sunshiny.

Your pal, Pip

Tweedles -- that's me said...

its soooo beatiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and happy!
we just love seeing what you will create next!
we love the colors too!
love
tweedles