Friday, October 07, 2011

Friday Funnies ~ Archie The Social Butterfly (at Pugs in the Park 2011)



Hi everyone!


It is me... Archie!


I am so excited to show you the very first Pug Party I went to hosted by The Colorado Pug Rescue!


Pugs in the Park ~ 2011


It was amazing!


I have never seen so many pugs before!



There were fun booths to shop, food to eat and lots of games and contests to enter in and prizes to win!





Here we are arriving at Denver City Park!


There was so much to see and share that Dad pulled out his camera and starting snapping photos!




I immediately dove right in and tried to talk to and play with every puggy!


Being my very first social event, I think my intentions were good, but my technique was a little rough around the edges. :)



Momma pulled me aside and had a little talk with me about how to say hello and introduce myself politely before playing with new friends.


I took some time to rethink my approach...




This cute little guy looked like he was trying to get away with something too!


Looks like the newbies have alot to learn. :)



But... there was no time for feelin' bad because at 3:00 something super FUN happened!


An announcement went over the speaker system and...


POOF!


All the puggies turned into something else!


This puggy turned into a T- Rex!


These GUYs are crazy funny!


Poof... Monkey

Poof... Rock Star

Poof... Fire Hydrant!


Poof... Bunch of Grapes


Poof... A Prize Fighter!


Oh my gosh!


All these costume changes are making me dizzy!



I didn't have a costume to enter the contest this year so I sat on the grass with mom and...


CHEERED!

(I am not laughing at them... really I am not!)


Tee Hee! :)


Have a super duper weekend everyone!


What do you have planned?


Please leave me and note and let me know!


xoxoxo


Archie Barchie the Social Butterfly (in training) ;)

11 comments:

dw said...

Oh Archie, it looks like you had a wonderful day for your first social outing! Don't worry about being a little rough (ruff?) around the edges-in a short while you'll have all those social etiquette stuff down pat!

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Archikins, I think you do just great on your first big puggy outing. Socializing gets easier, I know its SUPER exciting and easy to be overly friendly. But you have star quality and will be BMOC soon enough!

xoxoxoxo
Meredith & Scarlet

The Daily Pip said...

Puggies sure know how to have fun. I love that Pug rescue groups always have such fun events!

We are going to spend the weekend packing. We are going to be moving at the end of October! Hurray!

Your pal, Pip

Ruth Welter said...

Have a great weekend with your little guy Melissa. If the festival goes on all weekend, I hope you enjoy it. Archie is a cutie.

Ruth

Payton said...

What a super awesome day, Archie! I'm glad you and your mom and dad has such a great time together! If our weather cooperates, I'm going to try and talk my mom and dad into taking me out to eat! I hope you all have a great weekend too!
Love,
Payton

Molly the Airedale said...

It looks like you had the best time ever at Pugs in the Park, Archie!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Oh Archie
Your very first social even, and so much to see! So much excitment!
Oh,, what to do!
It looked like so much fun,, and now you know what to expect for next year!
You are so cute sitting there with your mom, learning all the little tips on becoming that social butterfly!
Your dad captured some awsome photos of all those puggies!
Wow, what a day!
love
twee

Laura said...

Next year I want to see a pawsome crocheted outfit on you, Archie! It looks like you had a wonderful time!

Hank said...

That looks like great fun, Archiekins!

We have a pug mix puppy (9 weeks!) spending the night with us. I'll take her to her foster mom in the morning.

Hank wants NOTHING to do with her! Hahaha! :D

Diane said...

WOW! What a fun day for Archie! Looks like you all had a ball & met lots of new friends. Happy SUnday to you all! xoxo Diane

Sketching with Dogs said...

Oh Archie!
What a fun day you all had - it's easy for a little puggie to be swept away in the excitement!
We loved all your photos, thanks for sharing.
Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot xx