Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Emmitt & Archie = Life & Love

Happy Wednesday everyone!


I have a magical thing to share with you!


I received the most amazing gift...


NEW photos of my Emmitt, that I have never seen before!

They were captured by my talented friend, Randy Macht, a few years ago, and they are the last new thing of Emmitt I will ever see.

This reality was so proundly felt in my heart when I saw them, that I burst out in the most healing waterfall of tears I have ever felt.

It was like a wave of love and sloppy pug kisses was coming straight from Emmitt the moment I saw the magical photos.

I immediately went shopping for the perfect frames and filled my "Bravest Tree of Life & Love" with Emmitt and Archie together in one place.

It was the final thing my heart needed to do to get through another break through of healing from the loss of my sweet Emmitt that even I did not know needed to be filled.

My two boys are together in present time in my heart and mind now where before this gift I really think I felt them as "before and after" in a time line if that makes any sense. :)


























I admire and touch these pictures every morning to start my day.


It makes me so happy and feel so much gratitude for the love both Emmitt and Archie share with me.


It has changed my life and heart in magical ways that have made me who I am today.


I am also so grateful to Randy and my dear husband, Fred, who have both captured and shared these photos of Emmitt & Archie for me to cherish forever.


Life is a magical thing that keeps revealing magic bubbles filled with love, smiles, tears and the deep knowledge that All is Truly Well in every moment that unfolds for each of us on our journeys here on Earth and eternally, Over the Rainbow.


xoxoxoxo

Melissa

18 comments:

Tiffy said...

Oh, what wonderful pictures and picture frames! Emmitt and Archie look like brothers. What a truly wonderful gift Randy has given you.

Momma has breakthrough moments, too, when all of a sudden things become clearer. She knows that everything is truly well and that Angel Emmitt and Angel Stubby are together watching over all of us. And of course, they are eating chicken and mini-meatloaves. Those silly little guys!

Tiffy

Yours Truly said...

These are such beautiful pictures of your boys!

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Every night before bed I kiss Nicki's box and ask her to watch over Scartlet. I like to think that their lives intersect even though they've never met.

xoxoxo
Meredith & Scarlet

Unknown said...

There are wonderful things happening over that rainbow, where Emmitt-Pants and Winnie Wiggles and all our beloved puggies are..... I love these pictures Melissy, he looks so happy, so loved. He is always with you and Archie. xoxo

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

I completely understand, Melissa. I have my long-gone lab cross, Princess and my amazing cat Max in my heart every day. I think one of this things that makes me not fear what's beyond this life is that I truly believe I will be with them 'actually' again. And they would/do love Paco, Harry and Isabelle..

The WriggleButts said...

That's beautiful, Melissa!

Hugs!

Payton said...

I do not dwell on it often, but when it comes to me I often wonder if my heart will be strong enough to handle the day that my Payton will leave me. But your words today give me hope that I will survive. I wish I had the chance to know sweet Emmitt. His eyes are sparkling and is smile is just shining in those fabulous pictures...what a truly special gift.
Love,
Christy (Payton's mom)

Sketching with Dogs said...

What a truly magical suprise for you.
It must have meant so very much to have those new photos of Emmitt.
I love your frames, they are so lovely and meaningful.
Hugs, Lynne

agent99 said...

You post me so happy and a bit leaky too. Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Gen, Foo and Ruby too!

Barbara said...

What a wonderful gift! Emmitt was such a wonderful soul - and now he guides Archie in learning to grow. I'm so happy for you!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

What a lovely post! We love how your home truly reflects who and what you are and all the elements of love in your life.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Ritaestelle said...

Melissa, when you said that these photos are the last new things you will see of Emmitt, your words grabbed at my heart. I love the way you integrate your boys' pictures and I totally understand what you mean about how you can now feel and think of them both in the here and now rather than the before and after. God bless you and Fred and precious Archie and I am confident that Emmitt is a loving angel in heaven with our Creator!!

Ritaestelle ((hugs))

marianne said...

Oh Melissa what a beautiful post!
It brings tears to my eyes. Happy you found the perfect frame and that all this helped you to heal a part of you which still needed attention.
Yesterday I gave away the jacket of the dog I had before my girls. I loved her so much, so I couldn't let go of the jacket. Yesterday I gave it away to a lady who has adopted a very old and bold pudel from the shelter. It fitted her perfectly. Mixed feelings but after 10 years I thought I was time to let go of the last part. She will always be in my heart though just like Emmitt will be in yours. You can't let go of love♥

BriannaBlueStudio said...

Oh Melissa!! What a beautiful and touching gift! I am so happy that you are able to have such special memories of precious Emmitt and that Archie will give you many, many more special moments:) Sending hugs and love your way!

Beth, Bailey Rose, and the girls

Molly the Airedale said...

What a wonderful gift and such beautiful frames, Melissa! You have our mom all teary-eyed.

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Such a beautiful way to see both your boys every day!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

When we least expect it, and the time "is right", sometimes special gifts come our way.
When our hearts are ready to accept more than we thought they could ever hold, the gift comes to us in unexpected way.
The timing was right when Randy gave you these treasured photos. I am sure he knew how your heart would reach out, because it was ready.
What a gift he gave to you.

Your words are beautiful as you open up and share your feelings with us. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of that healing.
Your heart is speaking a language that so many of us can relate to.
Yet, we have not had words to describe that spot in the heart that crys. You did so beautifully.
The Bravest Tree frame is perfect.
Its perfect for your family.. all of you together - right now- today, this moment.
There is Emmitt.. his smile radiating, and we can see the love pouring from him.
And little Archie,, guided by the wisdom of Emmitt.
Fred captured moments that live in the heart forever,, adding to the Bravest Tree's love story.
love
twee

Hank said...

Wow....this is fantastic.

Beautiful photos, frames, and your words. Isn't it amazing how unexpected things come our way and help us move forward? Even if we don't think we need to?

Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Hugs -

Sarah and Hank