Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Crochet Moss Terrariums ~ 2 New Additions


Hi everyone!

Archie and I have been having so much fun making more crochet moss terrariums!

They are so quick and easy to do that you can finish one in about an hour to decorate any room in your home or give as gifts.


I made 6 little moss clumps and put them in two different jars to create one for my family room and one for a gift for Melanie! :)


Here is the one I made for my family room.


I used this cool jar with a wooden lid that I found at GoodWill for $2!


The jar was a little bit bigger so it allowed for me to add a sea shell I found on a vacation from a few years back.

I also added some freeform crochet flowers to one of the clumps for a little extra color and texture.


I love making up shapes as I go.

I find it really exciting that I do not know what it will look like until I am done and the whole thing reveals itself like a surpise. :)



This is the one I made for Melanie. :)


I even put a little glass doggie in it for her that reminded me of Moe!



She just loves it!


She put it on her desk at her office so she can enjoy looking at it all day.


The best part is that they smell like a yummy coffee shop since the "dirt" is ground coffee.


FUN!


They keep us alert at work and we cannot kill them!

What more could we ask for?


Tee Hee!



If you would like to make one too, here is my tutorial and free pattern to make your own Crochet Moss Terrariums.

Please Let us know if you make one!


We would love to see!


Have a super day everyone!


xoxoxo


Melissa & Archie

6 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Hooray, those terraniums are fantastic!
I have been saving my coffee grounds and am looking for a suitable jar, I can't wait to make it!
Hugs, Lynne xx

Unknown said...

Melissa you make fun art. I adore these.

Payton said...

Yep, my mom totally needs to go that route as she just killed another plant in the house. Hehee!
Love,
Payton

Archie and Melissa said...

hi lynne!

thank you so much for your sweet comments on the bloggie today!

i just want to make sure you know the dirt in the terrarium is just coffee, not used coffee grounds.

xoxox
m

Meredith LeBlanc said...

Oooo! Plants we can't kill and that will keep us awake, those are darling :)

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet

Tweedles -- that's me said...

How beautiful and happy they are! Smelling coffee all day is a good thing, and seeing something as pretty as these, is a good thing too!
They look real!
love
twee