Monday, October 10, 2011

Crochet Fun ~ A Spider & Cricket Exchange

Happy Monday everyone!


I am so excited to show you my newest creations!


I was thrilled to pieces when my friend Lynne invited me to welcome in Fall with this fun project she found!



We followed this neat pattern she found on Etsy that I changed just a little bit.


My tarrantula looked more like a silly spider so I chose not to add fangs.

I replaced them with a smile and created his legs out of stringing pretty beads together that I found on sale at Hobby Lobby.



I just love how he and the little cricket turned out!


They make a wonderful pair don't you think?



Lynne also had the fabulous idea to make each other each a cricket and a bobble ornament and send them as gifties in the mail to each other!


I jumped at the chance to receive more of her wonderful art and here it is!




Meet my cricket from Lynne!

Isn't he fabulous?


He is very jolly singing in my kitchen under his bobble ornament!



...and this is the bobble & cricket I made for Lynne.


It is so fun to see him in his new home enjoying her garden in England!


I never would have found this pattern if it were not for Lynne!


I had so much fun making it.


I learn something new from each project I make.


Trades are especially wonderful because I love stretching outside my own ideas and inspirations to create something totally new and refreshing!

New patterns, recipes, ideas and adventures are wonderful things to trade with friends!


Thank you so much everyone for always sharing your adventures with us!


I love following all of your blogs as you so generously share them in your posts with me and Archie.


You all make our world a very fun place to be!


xoxoxo

a & m

9 comments:

Sketching with Dogs said...

Thank you so much for making this project with me Missy, I so enjoy them all and the little cricket you made me is a gem!
That has to be the happiest spider and cricket ever - they are adorable!
I am in awe of your ability to recreate a pattern and make it your own, the beaded legs are an inspiration!
Hugs, Lynne xx

Payton said...

At first I thought that this might be a spooky post, but those creatures are just so cute!
Love,
Payton

Molly the Airedale said...

How adorable they are!

Ruth Welter said...

These are adorable Melissa!!!!!

Ruth

Noodles said...

Melisa I love the lampart beads used as legs. So inspired!! You do the funnest things.
Love Noodles' Mommy #2

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Gotta love those spider legs - very clever. You and Lynne both do such wonderful work.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I love Jiminy Cricket!!!

So cute,, and the spider looks friendly too....
what fun creations!
love
twee

tubby3pug said...

Wow so cute, have you ever made a crochet or knit owl? As a Harry Potter nut Id like to make a little owl toy for the kids, but I am having trouble finding an easy pattern. Anyone have any suggestions (knitting is better since I dont really crochet)

Meredith LeBlanc said...

We love those cute little critters almost as mush as we love Archikins!!!!

♥♥♥
Meredith & Scarlet