Monday, September 20, 2010

Fabulous Find ~ Yarn Project Bags!

Oh my gosh!

Have you ever found something in a store that was made for one purpose, but you saw a totally different and exciting use for it?

Well, I had one of those exciting moments this weekend at Crate and Barrel and the best part is that they were on sale to boot!

I cannot wait to show you what I found...

See these "potato and garlic" storage bags? I took one look at them and saw "yarn project bags" with drawstring openings on both ends to pull yarn from your center pull skeins!

They are bright, cheerful and the pefect size to keep your yarn, hooks, measuring tape and pattern with you wherever you go without the yarn getting all tangled up while you work!

I have always wanted yarn project bags like these but they can be very pricey! Guess how much these are? They are under $10 each even before their current sale price!

Aren't they fabulous?

I got a set for myself and one for Melanie too!
All 4 bags cost less than one bag that I have seen made for this purpose!
Fun Fun Fun!

They can be purchased online at CrateandBarrel.com or you can find them at your local Crate and Barrel store.

Let me know if you get one too. I am still giddy with delight from finding them!

xoxoxoxo
melissa

10 comments:

Salinger The Pug said...

Clever clever!!!!!

We love your pegboard Melissy!!!!

Kiss Emmitt on his snooter for us!

Love,
S-Dog (and Laura)

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Very clever use for those bags, and a great bargain find too.

Have a good week.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Laura said...

I thought I was at another blog, and when I saw these bags, my first thought was - I've got to send this link to Melissa!

Too early in the morning for me! LOL!

marianne said...

Wow what a great idea!!!!!
How nice to see something and translate it into something you can use!
Very clever!

Hope you and Emmitt are OK and are having a good time!

Puglette said...

those bags are very cute! i love the bright colors. I agree, project bags are just too expensive! Will you please post a picture of them when they have the yarn in them?
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Winston Wilbur said...

OMD this is such a pawsome idea, Mum luvs it when this happens to her. Who says something needs to be used for what is sold as! I say two paws up for creativity and originality!

Winston

Molly the Airedale said...

How clever you are, Melissa! You won't be having tangled up yarn ever again!
We posted about your beautiful donut. Thank you again so very much!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Tweedles -- that's me said...

We love bargains,, and this really was one! Now you can fill it up, until it pops!
Happy Days
love
tweedles

JJ Lynne said...

My mum would love these. What a lovely gift idea. Thanks for sharing, Melissa!

:]

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Oh Melissa!!!

What a fun and clever idea!!!!

:) Hugs & Kisses

IzZY, Josie and Anakin Man