Tuesday, June 01, 2010

New Pug Painting ~ A74

Hi everyone!

I am so excited to show you the little fawn pug I painted yesterday.

She is the first painting of 2010, and I really love her expression!

It is so exhilarating when the energy to paint comes over me.

I cannot paint everyday and in fact, it has been several months since I have created a painting.

I have documented how I create my paintings for you on my website.

It always feels like magic to me.

I go into a wonderful quiet place where I hear the birds chirping and when I look up, a new little face is staring back at me from my art table!


She is now officially Pug A74 on my website and can be put on any of my products that you can choose the design.

Emmitt seems to like her. He just offered her a piece of meatloaf with little roasted potates and extra ketchup on the side.

I think he has made a new friend!

Have a super day everyone!

xoxoxoxo
m & e

12 comments:

Mia said...

She's absolutely adorable!!! Once again Melissa, great job!!!!

~Hugs~

Jess & Lilo

JudyMackeyart said...

Melissa - I like her expression too! It's questioning and yet playful - cute, cute, cute!!!
Have an artsy day,
Judy

Ruth Welter said...

Love your new pug painting Melissa. I'm like you, sometimes I'm filled wiht inspiration and others, I have to stay away from painting because I'm afraid I may actually mess something up....it has to be just right before I can be successful with a new painting.

Ruth

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Furry khute!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra & Khousin Merdie
PeeEssWoo: YUM: meatloaf and potatoes!

Smushie Ranch said...

It's so cute Melissa and I really love the pink background! Oh, to be able to paint and draw... *sigh*

Hugs,
Shannon and the Gang

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Oh Melissa!!
What a beautiful painting!!
Izzy and Josie are over here arguing about which one of them the painting looks like more!

~Dat looks like me!~ izzy

~Oh's looks at dat pretty painting...doesn't she looks just like me's~ josie

~NO!! She looks like ME!!! izzy

~NO IZZY!!!!!!!! 'DAT be all looking like me and stuffs!!! josie

CALGON, take me away! Pugga Mommy

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Hehe she is cute...we agree with Emmitt!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Awwww - she is so cute. Mom says she has no artistic ability whatsoever - your work is so beautiful.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Melissa
She is adorable. Her expression is worth a thousand words.
We are soo happy that you found that little quiet place where all the birdies were singing, and they inspired you to pick up your paint brush and to let a new painting be born.
Isn't it amazing that all little pugs see a little of themselves in this little darling.
I do
love
tweedles

Unknown said...

this is fantastic Melissa!!! I love this new painting and the background colour is perfect!!! wonderful work!!!

Sketching with Dogs said...

We love your new pug painting and seeing how you create the pictures. They are so unique!
Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot xx

Molly the Airedale said...

You are a lady of many many talents! The painting is just beautiful, Melissa!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch