Tuesday, June 22, 2010

New Painting ~ Pekingese


Hi everyone!

I cannot believe it, but I have added yet another face to the Dog Art Gallery!

Meet my new Pekingese!

I have been having so much fun painting these last couple of weeks.

I have added 2 Pugs, A74 and A75



and this Pekingese

It is always such a thrill for me to meet the faces that emerge from the end of my paint brush.

Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and feedback. I always love to hear what you think of them.


Please let me know if you have a favorite from this recent series.

I would love to know what you enjoy about them.

xoxoxo

Melissa

9 comments:

JJ Lynne said...

aww, pekingese dogs are so cute! I love that little underbite that so many of them have. another beutiful piece!

your pugs are always my favorites (I'm afraid I'm biased, haha), but among your recent works my favorite is the brussels griffon. He's so charming!

JD's favorite is the pug that looks like he's smiling, because JD thinks that it looks a lot like him when he smiles like that :]

Lisa M Griffin said...

isn't she sweet! you are having a ball with these, I can tell. ;)
My fave is probably the Lhasa Apso, but they are all fun and lively.

artpaw said...

Wow, you are having a fun and creative summer!

marianne said...

As a child we had 3 Pekingeses (in a row) so have a weak spot for them
Love yours!

Have a nice day!

Those Elgin Pugs said...

Hi Melissa!!

Once again, you have demonstrated Stellar work!!

I can't pick a fav since I have Puggie goggles on 24/7, but I did like the Brussels too!! But wait, that's the second doggy I like...
Hmmmmmm.....
Maybe like Jessica,
I am bias too!!
But it's all Beautiful work Melissa!! You paint Wonderfully!!

Hugs!!

~Katy

Sketching with Dogs said...

Oh wow, I love this. Another superb painting, you are certainly on top form Melissa!
Lynne xx

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

You are on a roll - we love this little peke.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

Peng Peng said...

oh peke is so sweeeet!!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Melissa
my aunt loves the Lhaso Apso, She like him because that is what she has (well of course)
I think that little spunky Brussels has something mysterious about him, The Pekenese is charming, and that puggy you did with the teeth- well- it's hard to pick.
We pick them all! We love thier expressions and their eyes so much.
love
tweedles