Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wool Poncho ~ A Gift from the Heart

Hi Everyone!

As promised, here is the wool poncho I just finished for my wonderful sister-in-law, Beth.

She is so cute. She saw the one I made for Melanie and asked if she could have one for her birthday.

I was so excited that we went right to my favorite yarn store and she picked this gorgeous Ironstone, Harmony 100% Bulky weight wool yarn.


I think it turned out so pretty! The smile on her face when she got it and tried it on this weekend made me so happy!
We were so excited that we forgot to get a photo! Can you believe it? :) I promise to show you one soon.



Speaking of excited... I have been working on a new project that I cannot wait to share with you.
I had to bribe Emmitt with lots of cookies so that he would not spill the beans. I figure he cannot blurt it out if his mouth is full of crumbs! :)
I am just putting on the final touches so please tune in tomorrow for the big news!

xoxoxo
Melissa

17 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

The poncho is just beautiful! We LOVE the color!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

The poncho came out so well, and the color is really nice. We can't wait to see your newest project.

Sketching with Dogs said...

That is so gorgeous, I love the deep rose colour. Beth will be thrilled with it! You are so clever Melissa
Lynne xx

Diane said...

Very nice, Melissa. I'm sure Beth will love it! xoxo Diane
Kiss Emmitt too!

Laura said...

You mean there is something more that you have done - I thought you had already tried it all! LOL! Can't wait to see it - can Emmitt be bribed by us? LOL!

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous color!! :)

Peng Peng said...

Ponchos, what's not to love? :) can't wait to hear about your top secret project!

Puglette said...

what a beautiful gift! i love that color, so pretty. and i love your chair..and your shelves..your house looks so warm and inviting.
hugs,
puglette
:o)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Mom says that is a inkhredible kholour!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I hope woo enjoyed your bribes Emmitt!

GAIL said...

Beautiful poncho Melissa. I also love the chair that you've displayed it on.

Stubby said...

Hi Melissa & Emmitt! Is there anything you can't make? That poncho is just perfect and I'm sure your sister-in-law will love it.

Mom never got around to working on her quilt last weekend. At this point it's just fabric and not a quilt.

Stubby xoxo

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

BEAUTIFUL poncho - she's going to love it! And Emmitt.... secrets are FUN to keep if they're good ones? But the bribing mom to give you treats is veeerrrrrry smart! Paco is taking notes.

Linda O'Neill said...

That's beautiful, missy...no wonder she was happy!

Can't wait to hear what you've got up your sleeve.:)

Jeanne said...

Melissa, thanks for the comment on my latest scarf. I really like that one too. the scarves are really popular. Love really love what you do. Jeanne

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

We can't wait to see what the surprise is tomorrow!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

How beautiful is that!
Love the color!
Emmitt did not even give a hint- the bribe worked good.
love
tweedles

Unknown said...

Melissa you are so talented, it's amazing. I must order one of these sweaters for walter!