Thursday, December 17, 2009

The M & M Squares ~ Bobbles & Bears


Hi everyone!
Happy Thursday!
I smiled this morning when I realized that both Melanie and I are working on squares as our end of year projects.
Every evening in December I am happily corcheting red bobble squares for the KAS Charity is S. Africa. The December challenge is to make red squares for AIDS awareness month.
I will make as many of these bobble squares as I can and will then send them out with the ponchos I made.
I am so proud of Melanie!

Look! She made a quilt block of a teddy bear head!




Isn't is wonderful? We love quilts, but have never quilted before. I cannot believe she just sat down and taught herself how to cut and piece this pillow top!
I will show it to you when it is all done. :)


Do you have any projects you are finishing up? Please leave a comment and let us know. We would love to hear all about it!

xoxoxoxo
m & e

9 comments:

Stubby said...

Hi Melissa! Melanie's quilt block is adorable. I can't wait to see the quilt when it's finished.

Mom tried to quick a few years ago and quickly lost interest. She decided to try again about a month ago but hasn't had much time to work on it. Hopefully she will work on it this weekend. I will ask her if I can post some pictures of her progress when she makes some.

Stubby xoxo

Mare said...

I love the red bobble squares and the quilted teddy bear piece! You girls are amazing!
Let's see...I am making more crocheted stars for ornaments and other projects, started some glove dolls, knitting and crocheting some new teddy bears...finishing up a knitted baby sweater...making a hat and scarf set for my sister in law Annie...earrings and bracelets for my Etsy shop and The Paper Sparrow....as you can see, i like to have a few projects going at the same time! hahaha

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa!!! wow wow and wow!!! I love the new red squares...you are so prolific with the knitting....and your sister did an AMAZING job on that bear quilt block...holy moly....the two of you are so talented!!! lovely work!!!

Hugs,
Diana

Sketching with Dogs said...

Those are such great projects, Mum has always wanted to do a patchwork quilt so maybe she will get round to it before she dies, hehe.
Mum is making another amigurumi project but it is a secret and all will be revealed when she finishes.
Wags and kisses, Dinah Bridget and Elliot xx

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

What a pretty color for those bobble squares! I love quilts too and vow that some day I will learn how to do one.

Molly the Airedale said...

Both of you girlz are so creative! We love seeing your projects!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

GAIL said...

I love your red squares! You sister's are so creative with your crafts. Diane and I have been felting soap bar's.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Melissa
We think both you and Melanie are so talented and so giving.
Everything you make is beautiful, and we love that you share with us your passions.
Maybe someday- mom can have a passion for creating stuff. Right now- her passion is kissing me.
love
tweedles

Patti said...

Love your art work! My projects are crate pads. You can see them on at.

pnash.etsy.com