Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Quilt-A-Fair Show 2009


What a fabulous weekend!

Not only did we have a great time at the pug party on Sunday, but Quilt-A-Fair in Longmont, CO was on Saturday! It is one of Melanie and my favorite shows to go to every year.




There were gorgous quilts everywhere!




... and so many wonderful kits, buttons, yards of fabric, fat quarters, ribbons, sewing machines and vintage textiles that we were in heaven!


We bought this cute zipper pouch pattern kit to inspire us to learn how to sew in zippers!




... and lots of new fabrics to play with!
I am excited to make more fabric journals out of these.

The show was filled with people as soon as the doors opened at 9am!
There was so much to see and do. I even found some dog themed quilts!
The dog appliques were made from this wonderful book!
I will have to try and do that one of these days! I have it saved to my wish list.

What a great time!
Melanie and I laugh at these pictures we take of ourselves at every event. We huddle together and I hold my arm out as long as I can to get us in and not chop off our heads.
I need longer arms or to convince Mark and Fred to come to the craft shows with us.
Hmmmm... I think the arm growing idea is more likely. :)
I will have lots more pics to show you next week of Melanie and I crafting. We are leaving on Friday for a 3 day craft retreat to her mountain house. I cannot wait!
Happy Wednesday everyone!

18 comments:

agent99 said...

I admit that I am powerless over the lure of fabric and all things quilting. HAD.TO.ORDER. the zipper critters instantly. will advise when I return from my quilting cave, I mean studio with completed critters. Ok, now time for step 2.

Sandy said...

Every time I go to the Mennonite Relief Quilt show and auction I want to get my machine out and sew again. Maybe after I retire :-)

The Devil Dog said...

Ohhhh, mom loves the lion! Loves the pug, loves the dogs, loves your photo!

Haha

Roxy

Resweater said...

Love the quilts!

My husband doesn't take pictures, so I always use the timer setting on my camera to get pics of my son & I... it avoids the awkward arm picture ;)

Mare said...

Oh my Goodness! Quilt Heaven! I wish i could go with you on that craft retreat...That sounds like Heaven too! I can't wait to see the pictures and the creations you bring back with you!

Ruth Welter said...

Wow, what a wonderful quilt show Melissa...glad you found cool supplies and neat stuff there.

I cannot do much with a needle and thread nor with a sewing machine so I so appreciate and admire those that do. I love the lion quilt the best I think and that harbor village with the light houses, it is just gorgeous.

Thanks for sharing.

Ruth

Unknown said...

how cool Melissy! you have the best. life. ever! Howie wonders what Emmitt had for brekkies.
xxoooooxoxoxoxo

Ruby's Raiser said...

Love love love the Zipper Critters! Please feature them when you make them!

Too Cute Pugs said...

What a great show! I went to a Fiber Arts Festival 2 weeks ago and it was FABULOUS!!!! I wanted to buy everything but glad I didn't because my crochet skills are still pretty basic. LOL

My friend has an "arm" that she attaches to her camera so she and her boyfriend can take pictures of themselves! Maybe you could get one for your camera?

Sue

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Oh, those quilts are gorgeous. One of our Mom's dreams is to learn to quilt. They are all beautiful but she really loves the design of that first one.

Tail wags, the OP Pack

Tara's Art Camp said...

wow, wow, wow, I wish we had a show here! Love all that you saw. The zipper kit is uber cute too!

xo...

Puglette said...

i love the quilts! they are so pretty. my favorite part of our state fair is the quilt room. i love being surrounded by all the color. i can't wait to see what you two make with the zipper critter kit!!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

Joan Princing Art said...

So many beautiful quilts. I love all the dot fabric, too!! Those zipper critters are adorable...excellent way to learn about zippers.
Have a fun day!
Joan & Skippy

GAIL said...

Great pictures Melissa. How fun to be be returning to Melanie's beautiful little cabin for your craft retreat. I can hardly wait to see what you two make.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

What khool pikhs of some inkhredible items!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Stubby said...

Hi Melissa! You and Melanie always have such a great time together.

All the quilts are so beautiful. Mom is obsessed with quilts - buyin them, not making them. She tried her hand at quilting a few years ago and quickly gave up. Maybe you will inspire her to try it again.

Stubby xoxo

Molly the Airedale said...

OMG, the quilts are just GORGEOUS! Mom would have had a blast at your quilt-a-fair show if she could have gone!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

dw said...

How did I miss this post??? I love the lighthouse quilt!