Thursday, September 03, 2009

Back to School ~ Care Packages!



Happy September everyone!


I cannot believe it is back to school time already!


It is amazing to see that about half the kids in our neighborhood are not kids any longer! They have grown up and are on their way to college!


It is a very exciting time for both students and parents, but along with the excitement comes a little bit of homesickness too. :)

I remember loving every care package I received from family and friends. The best ones were the ones filled with reminders of my pets that I missed dearly.

A fun way to bring a little home and cheer to the dorm room is to decorate with things that are both fun and functional.

Some popular items that are the pefect way to send a hug and a smile are:



Key Holders


Clipboards




and Posters in 3 sizes!


All of these items and many more like mugs, plates, and stadium cushions can have any of my over 120+ pug and dog paintings on them to remind your kids of you and of home.

We live near a wonderful college town, Boulder, CO. It is so fun to see all the students and feel the energy and excitement in the air!

Fall is my favorite time of year with the cooler temps, changing leaves and football games. What are your favorite things about this time of year? Please leave us a comment and let us know! We would love to hear!

11 comments:

Manon said...

Aww! This is so nice Melissa! I'm driving Alex to Ohio University this morning! It's her freshman year! It's 6:00 am here and i've already got tears.... gonna be a long day for me sisterfriend!!
This is also my favorite time of year.... love everything about it!

Stubby said...

Hi Melissa & Emmitt! I think the pillow case would be great for my bed. I love to rub my little nose into pillows and it makes Mom crazy. If I had my own pillow she wouldn't get so crazy.

I love the cooler temps, but Mom loves the heat. I am going to get my way because it has been unseasonably cool for the past 2 weeks. I love watching football with my parents and eating all the fun football snacks.

Stubby xoxo

The WriggleButts said...

I couldn't possibly live anywhere that doesn't have proper changing of seasons - I love the variation - but if I have to choose fall is my favourite. The crisp, cool air and the colours and going back to school. :)

Ane

Liss said...

Fall has the perfect pug weather. The beautiful colors. Decorating with pumpkins and cute scarecrows. Thanksgiving at our house.

Kelly said...

Great care package ideas, Melissa!

I have enjoyed watching all the kids go back to school. Fall is absolutely my favorite season. I love the cool air, sweaters, boots, football, chili, and so much more!

Nevis said...

Great ideas for back to school, Melissa!!!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Pawesome ideas!

We are so enjoying our khooler weather! We'd love it to be like this much/most of the year!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Peng Peng said...

you are a one stop shop for back to school/ pug necessities!

Fall: i love maple leaves, hot cider w/ mulling spices, halloween, walks in the woods :)

Jeanne said...

Melissa, I have truly felt bad to see summer end and my grandson start school. We had so much fun together this summer. Love your blog. Jeanne

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Melissa
Yes you have so many cute little things you have created to add special touches to dorm rooms or at home!
We love autumn too. If it is the cooler weather, or the colors changing, or the smell of smoke from chimneys- it begins a time to slow down at least outside. There is the anticipation of the changing seasons- each one to be enjoyed in its own spendor!
Enjoy
love
tweedles

artpaw said...

love the apple print, great post for back to school.