Thursday, August 13, 2009

Quilt Magic ~ No Sewing!

I love quilts and quilting! It is an art form that has unending possibilities, and one day I will learn how to sew well enough to even attempt it. :)

A few years ago, Melanie and I were in a neat shop in Estes Park that had these wonderful 3-D quilts that had the words No Sew on them. Well we both scurried right over to the display and found these wonderful kits!

The company is called Quilt Magic and they are so much fun! All you do is cut out the fabric pieces in the kit and use a butter knife to push the fabric into the lazer cut patterns in the special foam forms.

Melanie and I bought the kits and even substituted some of the fabrics with our own from our stash of vintage scraps.





The patterns are wonderful! You can find everything from tradtional quilt patterns to mountain and holiday scenes. You name it, they have it!



I had so much fun making all of them. The whole process is relaxing and rewarding. It would be a fun activity to do with kids too.

Please let me know if you try one. I would love to see!



19 comments:

The WriggleButts said...

What a great idea!

ane

Manon said...

No sewing? I'm all about that! These are lovely Melissa!

Mia said...

I think even I could handle the no sewing part!! Very nice!!

Unknown said...

oh these are cool ....wow Melissa....so neat and detailed...and all without sewing!! WOW!!!

Hugs
Diana

Nevis said...

Very cool Melissa! You're so talented! (even if it didn't require sewing) I still think you're the Bee's Knees!

Candace Trew Camling said...

sewing a quilt together is one of those things that I am in total awe of. That said, I could probably handle this and sort of want to try one now! I love the purple flowery one! Really beautiful. does it take long?

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

those are very cool - we will have to look at our craft store for them

your are beautiful

Woodrow - Sweetie - MJ

Ruth Welter said...

Love these Melissa...they are beautiful and incredible to believe they are "no sew".

Ruth

Ruth Welter said...

Ps...Nancy's portrait of Emmitt is gorgeous...she is a wonderful artist.

Ruth

Brutus, Ellie, Pippa and Otto said...

How cool is that. That might be something I might try someday (when i have time)

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom has never tried this before!
They are really beautiful!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Sikantis said...

Quilting is such an impressive expression of art. Congratulation.

Laura said...

How interesting, Melissa! I've never seen these before! They are really pretty.

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

If only I had thumbs and khould use a knife...

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Melissa
Thank you for telling us about it. Mom says she want to do it. She wants the hot air balloon one and who knows what else!
Did you make all those?
You made them so pretty!
love
tweedles

Linda O'Neill said...

You always amaze me with your creative talents! :)

marianne said...

Lovely quilts, maybe I could quilt this way also..............

Diane Hoeptner said...

Oh, yes that does look fun and relaxing--theraputic in fact!! Thanks for sharing.

Sandy said...

Thanks for the heads up--I've always lusted after the wood quilt blocks at craft fairs--but this I can afford (and more important DO:-)