Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New Fun Finds for Cleaning & Organizing!


I have to show you the great new things I found last week!

Cleaning, organizing and bright colors are three things that really make me happy and smile! So you can imagine how I felt when I saw these things in my http://www.solutions.com/ catalog!

Not only are the things I am about to show you fun and functional, one of them was 1/2 price!

In the picture above you will see the set of 5 microwave bowls that have vented lids to cook and then store your food in the fridge. I love the colors and sizes. The little handles also make it easy to carry them to the table and serve right out of them. Then the left-overs can be put straight in the fridge. How fun is that?



The next set of containers I purchased in two different places. :)

This is a funny story. For Fred's birthday, I got him the onion and avocado storage containers from Tupperware. They are his two favorite foods and he eats them everyday for lunch and dinner - no matter what the recipe. :) So I thought it would be fun to get him the little storage boxes that help to keep them fresh in the fridge. Well, he liked them so much that I wanted to get him more. So I found the garlic, lemon and pepper boxes at solutions.com in my shopping frenzy for containers and now we have the whole set. :) Poor Fred. A little positive feedback and look what happens! Heeee!

The next thing I added to my shopping cart was so exciting!
We were just at Lowe's looking for the next thing I will show you, and I started looking at shelves to put in my closet to put my inventory of pug dolls. I could not find the right thing so I decided to wait and I am so glad I did!

In the Solutions.com Outlet section, I found this wonderful closet organizer for 1/2 off! It is just perfect! Can you believe it was only $11.99?



The last thing I got in my "favorite things" shopping spree was a new vacuum cleaner I found at Lowe's.
Vacuuming is one of my favorite things to do and last weekend my 8 year old Eureka bagged vacuum finally pooped out. I loved that thing. It was not too heavy, too tall or too expensive and it sucked up all of the pug hair. :)
I was so excited to find this Hoover that was under $100, is light and works great! It even has a retractable cord. But I think what sold me was the bright red plastic housing with bright yellow buttons! Isn't it fun!


As you can tell, I had so much fun cleaning and organizing all weekend. I do not know what Emmitt thinks of all of this, but he likes anything that has to do with food storage and the kitchen. :)
Have you found any fun finds lately? Please leave a comment and let me know. I would love to see!
Have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Melissa - great finds! I love the shape of the top pink microwave bowl. I've never heard of Solutions.com so I'm going there next. I had some good garage sale finds the last couple of weeks. I found some old metal paintbrush holders for my art classroom (and then found out they were actually test tube holders, but they're going to be repurposed). And I found a 2-1/2 ft. high plastic palomino horse for my classroom! The kids (especially 3rd and 4th grade girls!) LOVE to draw horses. I think I'm going to set up an area by a bulletin board to put her (it's definitely a her!) and then I can have a display of their drawings of Belle (I gave her a name) Happy finds for only $1 each!
xoxo
Sue & Roscoe

C.l.o.v.e.r. said...

Vacuuming is one of your favourite things to do?!! Had to say that first. Floors are my least favourite house chore.
But look at all those awesome organizing things!! (Organizing is my fave...)
I love the microwave dishes, and the closet organizer is perfect!! The little food shaped containers are cute - I was in a store here the other day and saw fruit shaped ones. There was an apple, pear, banana... want me to go back and pick them up for you?!
xo

Manon said...

Oooh! I love storage ideas Melissa! I'm always wanting to head out to The Container Store. You have some fun stuff!

Kelly said...

Wheee! We have that same vacuum!!!!!!

I love organizing things, so this post made me smile (as all your posts do!) :)

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa!!! I love containers...storage stuff that is cute is even better....tupperware creates some fun stuff!!! I love the avocado and onion...how cool!!! you are finding some cool stuff...I am off to check out these sites now!!!

Hugs
Diana

Nevis said...

Great finds! Does the avocado holde actually keep it fresh??! And come to my house and vaccumm. Both Terry and I hate doing it! :)

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

In her dreams, Mom would organise evfurrything that neatly...

Mind woo, the words IN HER DREAMS were used!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Anonymous said...

Oooh I love storage stuff! I should get that onion holder... I am learning to use onions in my food (I usually just use shallots) so I find when I do buy an onion it usually goes yucky. :)

Can you come organzie my closet too?

Laura said...

QUICK - get to a doctor! You've got a terrible disease. I knew it the minute I read:

"Vacuuming is one of my favorite things to do."

You need to be cured of this immediately!

Woodrow, Luna, MJ Campanella said...

cool stuff - we love tupperware - and the vegetable container are too cool

and with dogs who could appreciate a good vacuum

Woodrow - Sweetie & Sherman

Peng Peng said...

I SOOOO need a vaccuum! Looking for a cordless model.
i just love organization, and your solutions are awesome.. esp the food shaped containers!!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

I love the Solutions catalog and those containers are very nice, especially love the handles. Now if you really love vacuuming that much, you can come here anytime - we NEED to vacuum daily and I will gladly let you do it.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Hi Melissa
Your new vacume is so bright and cheerful- it looks like a happy little thing! All your finds look like toys! That looked like a lot of fun.
Mom found some 2x6 10 foot long kiln dried boards for 3 dollars. She was excited. Me? Well I found a Christmas present that I shouldn't have! They took it away an hid it until Christmas!
love
tweedles

Tara's Art Camp said...

I don't have any now, but I hope to go garage saleing this weekend if my friend doesn't bag out on me! I'll let you know what I find!

My favorite is the older tupperware with the bright red lids.