Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Book Review ~ Journal Bliss

I was recently lucky enough to receive a copy of Journal Bliss by Violette.

It is a absolutely beautiful and inspiring book created to uplift and spark creativity in its readers.


I found the prompts presented in a playful and colorful way that made we want to immediately pull out all of my paints, pencils crayons, fun papers and glue.

Journaling is a wonderful way to express yourself without any pressure to create a masterpiece.

I love to open and reread all of my journal pages to hear what I am saying to myself. Only you can hear and follow your own bliss. The secret is to be able to tap into it.



I found the book to be a wonderful guide to get started on this journey. It is packed fun prompts and exercises, tutorials for creating backgrounds, borders, doodles, lettering and embellishments for all of your pages.


In addition to Journal Bliss, Violette has a wonderful website, blog and online class that you can explore and enjoy.
I found this book to be a jewel for anyone's creative library!

Happy Thursday Everyone!

12 comments:

marianne said...

Wonderful!!
I love Violette's work!
I am not really much of a journal writer...... too bad because I love to see all those wonderful creations of others

Jeanne said...

This book looks so creative and inspiring. Thanks Melissa for all your support. Jeanne

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Just looking at the pages here shows what a creative book it is - thanks for sharing.

Leslie Moore said...

Always fun to catch up with you and Emmitt, Melissa. I should think you could write the book yourself on creative prompting! Thanks for sharing.

Too Cute Pugs said...

What an amazing book. I love it!

Sue

violette said...

Thanks so much Melissa for this lovely review. I'm so happy that you liked my book. Congrats again!

Love, Violette

dw said...

Thanks for sharing this, Melissa (and Emmitt)! I am trying my hand at this writing thing (yeah, an English degree has to help, right? maybe?) but have never been the artsy type (still feeling the trauma of grammar school art projects!). Yet this book looks like it has a little something for every creative soul! :)

Molly the Airedale said...

What a beautiful book! It looks very inspiring!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Furry pretty!

Tank woo fur sharing!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

ocmist said...

Nice review! I type much easier and faster than I write, so I tend to journal on my computer and try to remember to back it up regularly... lesson learned from a nasty computer crash! That looks like a really nice way to get people doing a journal, though, and it really is something that is a keepsake for yourself and for your loved ones! Linda (OC's Mom)

Unknown said...

oh wow Melissa!!! this looks and sounds wonderful!!! thanks for being so thoughtful and sharing all these great links with us!!!

Hugs
Diana

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Thank you Melissa and Emmitt for sharring more inspiration with us!
We apprecite you taking the time to share
love
tweedles