Thursday, December 04, 2008

Fabric Journal - Week 5

Inside cover


Inside binding with wool warn


Top view


I had so much fun in Sue B's online Journal making class. I cannot believe this is the last week!

I love this structure. It is thin and long ... perfect for lists which I love to make!


  • to do's

  • shopping

  • wish

  • ideas

  • goals

  • projects

This book is perfect for that and the 3 booklets easily slip in and out to change them when they are full!
I used my new pug fabric I made on Spoonflower. It arrived just in time for me to be able to use it on this final journal.

The inside fabric is a fun yellow and green polka dot and it is bound with wool yarn and glass and wood beads.

I am so excited to make all 10 of these journals over and over again. What a great way to learn book binding, structures and how to use the fabrics you have been collecting but do not know what to do with.

Do you have a favorite use for lists? I have another website I really like for my list building.

I use it for everything from listing my favorite things to goals I want to accomplish. It is a great way to keep track of what you have accomplished and what you are excited to achieve.

What are some of your goals for 2009?

Please tune in tomorrow for a fun Giveaway!

20 comments:

Manon said...

Love your fabric!! You both did an amazing job! What a great online class....... thanks for sharing all your journals!

The WriggleButts said...

So cute!

Ane

Laura said...

Now you have to find time to use all those journals! I think that was such a cool class and you made some really wonderful books!

Kelly said...

Beautiful journal, Melissa! I am a compulsive list-maker! I really ought to replace my thousands of post-its with a nice journal!

In 2009, I am hoping to travel a little more, and lose about 15 pounds! :)

Unknown said...

oh, that fabric turned out GREAT! I can see it in all kinds of colors too - new Etsy item, maybe??

Lisa M Griffin said...

Totally fun and funky! I agree that the size is perfect for the lists that are so important to keep track of all sorts of things this time of year. Thanks for sharing.

Nevis said...

That pug...is it a stamp? And if so, are you sellnig that stamp?

Diane said...

Wonderful, Melissa. I love the long journal & those polka dots. Looks very nice!
xoxo
Diane

Clover said...

This is a super cute journal - great fabric and details! Oh how my Mom loves lists. They are scattered all over the house, I don't know how she keeps track of anything!!
Maybe that should be one of her goals for 2009 - getting organized and keeping better lists. Thanks for recommending that website!!
Love Clover xo

Moira said...

This journal is fabulous! I like the dimensions too. Very cool. Also like the new dog toy...think I will include it in my dog toy/massager gift giving round up (with link to you of course).

marianne said...

This is just the perfect fabric for the perfect journal!

Unknown said...

So cute Melissa - a tall skinny book with a cute little round hound on it....
xxxoooo

Puglette said...

Hi Melissa! I love the long journal, so cute. I am really going to investigate spoonflower soon.
My goal is to be employed, self employed that is!
hugs,
puglette
:o)

The Devil Dog said...

Mom says one of her goals for 2009 is to get back into her running, seriously work on losing weight, seriously do her workout with weights to stregnthen her shoulder and go for her 2nd degree black belt.

Roxy

I think that's a good start, don't you?

Joan Princing Art said...

Yet another great journal! This one might be my favorite, as I love the binding. What cute fabric! I can't wait to give Spoonflower a try. I found them about one month ago while searching the net one night...seems like an awesome site! You asked for goals in 2009...oh goodness me...I'm still tryin' to work on the goals for this month! LOL (Psst...how about sending some of your energy my way out here to the Pacific Northwest. Don't know how you do all you do!!! WHAT IS YOUR SECRET?)

Have a fun day,
Joan & Skippy

Ritobear said...

All your journals are so beatiful! I love them. HUGS!

Mim said...

The journal is awesome - how can I buy some of the fabric for the pug lovers in my life. A tote bag is waiting to be made from that fabric!

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Love the journal and thanks for the links to the fabric and Sue B. :)

Jill Beninato said...

This may be my favorite one yet...LOVE that puggy fabric...

artpaw said...

Great journal. I love the way you shoot your stuff with fun patterns or fabrics underneath.