Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Monday!


Happy Monday!
Moe came over on Saturday afternoon and had fun with both pugs. They ran and played in the backyard even though it was wet and rainy. Unfortunately, it was too wet to bring my camera outside so I missed a cute photo op. I will get pictures next time though.
I had fun on Sunday sewing in my new chair with Emmitt & Bogart at my feet while Fred watched football. It was still cool and rainy and the perfect day to make some art.

Melanie and I are working on our fabric journals for Sue B.'s online class. I cannot believe it is week 3 already.
We are having so much fun that we signed up for another 5 week journal making class with Sue that begins October 31st.

Registration is still open if anybody wants to take the class with us. It is so much fun.

My journal for this week is almost done and I used some of the new fabric I showed you a couple of weeks ago. I will have pictures for you soon.

In the meantime, here is another pin cushion I made for my friend Peng Peng. She loved that photo of Emmitt on his green blanket, so I made a pug pin cushion with green felt on the back for her. If you would like to make one, it is super fun and easy. Here is the free pattern from Dear Fi.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Please let me know if you sign up for Sue's class. The lessons are fun, easy and very well written. You get a library of fabulous journals to make and a spring board of ideas for much more!

16 comments:

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

Hi Melissa, I will sign up for the class. thank you for sharing the info!

Jill Beninato said...

That class looks so cool....I only wish i could sew. I am seriously challenged in that area!

Laura said...

How can you tell all those pugs apart? LOL! I LOVE those pincushions! I'm going to make some for friends for Christmas. Thank you so much for sharing the pattern. They are super duper cute!

marianne said...

What a cute picture and what a lovely pincushion! She must have been very happy to receive this gift.
Her site is nice Melissa, lots of cat things.......
Greetings!
>M<

Manon said...

The pincushions are so cool! I'm with Jill...... can't sew! I'm a wee bit jealous because it looks like fun!

The WriggleButts said...

That's one real cute pin cushion!

Ane

Tara's Art Camp said...

I wonder what Emmett is thinking here, so expressive.

Nevis said...

The class looks like a lot of fun...do you have to have a sewing machine or skills or anything? I didn't see any requirements. I don't have as sewing machine...!

LOVE your pin cushion! Super cute fabric!

Fannie said...

Good to hear you're enjoying your class with SueB. Isn't she great?!!!

Happy Monday to you and Emmitt!

Sandra y Coco Pug said...

Oh oh! do I need sewing skills / machine ? I signed up for the class already. I will try my best! I got the materials list and everything sounds like chinese to me. It will be fun!!

Molly the Airedale said...

The pincushions are just too cute!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Heather said...

look at that face! adorable!!!!

Ruth Welter said...

Melissa, I've been reading the last few posts I've missed...

Bogart and Emmitt are just adorable together..two sweet little pug buddies. : )

Ruth

The Devil Dog said...

The pin cushions are very cute. We are sorry there were no photos of Emmitt and Moe today.

Roxy

Sandy Mastroni said...

love your 'snore' story from the last post
love the pincushion
and Emmitt on green !

lizzy said...

this picture made me laugh, because emmitt does not look very happy that it's monday! your pincushions are very cute! thanks for sharing the pattern!