Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fabric and Leather Journal Classes...

Melanie and I are taking an online Fabric Journal class with Sue Bleiweiss. It has 5 weeks of lessons and we went to the quilt fair on friday to find even more fabric to create with.

I have not had a chance to make my journal this week yet, but you will be the first to see it when I do.

But, I can show you the pile of fabrics i got at the quilt show on friday...





and on Saturday, we took a book binding class at Particulars to learn how to make leather journals. Look what we made!




We had a great time and we will be taking another book binding class there in late October to make Tunnel Books. I have never done that before and I am excited to see what we create.

I am still getting my pictures of the pug show together so I am excited you those tomorrow. :)

Have a great day!

18 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my gosh, that fabric is yummy! Your leather books are great, and I think those tunnel books look so cool - they would be neat birthday cards, etc. I cut out fabric for my first pincushion flower. I can't wait to finish it!

Lisa M Griffin said...

what fun... these are so pretty! thanks for sharing.

Liss said...

Oh those fabrics are awesome, I love the one with the little doggie and the orange. Check out my Tuesday Review today.

Ritobear said...

Ooo love the fabrics!!! The books are killer awesome, too.

Unknown said...

those leather journals are beautiful! I can't wait to see what you do with all that great fabric...

Nevis said...

I loooooooooooooove your leather journals! Are you going to make them to sell in your Etsy or you site?

Too Cute Pugs said...

Ooooh, that looks like so much fun. I've been thinking of taking a quilting class and you've inspired me to go for it!

Unknown said...

ahhhhhhhhhh look how cute the two of you are!!! how sweet and what a fun class ....you are such an inspiration Melissa...keep doing what you're doing and keep sharing it with all of us!!!

The painting that never made it to you ...I am using some of the photos I took before I shipped it to make some new pendants...I will show you one when I am done!!!

marianne said...

Hi Melissa,
The book look fabulous! And you 2 like you had a lot of fun!
Curious what you will create with those yummy fabrics

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stack of fabrics and those leather journals are pretty fabulous!

artpaw said...

The leather journal is great! You are so lucky to have a crafty Sis to play with.

Fannie said...

Great journals, Melissa!

The Devil Dog said...

Great fabric. QUILTS? Love the journals. QUILTS? Still waiting.

Roxy
:)

Puglette said...

Beautiful fabric! Those classes look like so much fun! I love books and would love to make a journal in either leather or fabric. I may have to talk to dear daughter about classes like these. Have fun with all your crafty projects. :o)

Sandy Mastroni said...

oh how lucky you are to have a sister . You two look like the best of friends
the books look great

Manon said...

Lots of fabulous fabric! How great that you can share your passion with your sister!

Leann said...

Those leather journals are beautiful! Are you guys going to have the courage to write in them?

Unknown said...

Wow, your leather journals are impressive. That was just after one day??? I want to learn! Will you come to California and teach me, too? Great fabrics, too. Can't wait to see what's next.