Monday, September 29, 2008

Crafty Monday and Award Day!

We had the best weekend at the quilt show, leather journal class and the Pug Show!
I have lots of pictures to show you this week. I just have to get them organized for you. :)

In the meantime, I'll show you a project I made last week...


I had the best time making this flower pincushion from a FREE pattern I found online. It was so fast and easy to do that I will be making alot more!


Emmitt says he wants his very own flower. Of course Emmitt, I will make you one with some dog cookie fabric I just got at the quilt fair! Just don't eat it! Silly Pug!



I also wanted to share 2 wonderful awards I received last week. My friend, Diana, made this One Sweet Blog award and shared it with me. Thank you so much Diana!

and my friends Sandra & Coco, Harry Pugalicious and Rachel, Winston and Clemmy shared this kick ass blogger award with me. I am honored. Thank you so much!

I am excited to show you the leather journals Melanie and I made, the fabric we got at the quilt show and the 100's of puggies we saw in wonderful costumes at Pugs in the Park.

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Happy Monday everyone!

17 comments:

Manon said...

Hey Melissa!
The pincushions are darling! I think Emmitt loves the new fabric! hee, hee
Congrats on your blog awards..... you deserve it!

Laura said...

Love, love, love those pincushions. I'm definitely checking out the pattern! Can't wait to see your journals and fabric! Congrats on the awards!

Lori said...

Oh how darling are these pincushions! Emmitt...you are one cute ol' boy and your mom will get one made soon for you! :)
I'm sure Jocko would want to eat one!

Ritobear said...

Very cute pincushions! They are very addicting, once you start making them :)

Nevis said...

Love the pincushions. They remind me of moroccan poufs!

Can't wait to see your leather journals the puggies you saw in costumes at Pugs in the Park!

Molly the Airedale said...

What a cute flower! Emmitt looks kind of grumpy in that picture! We think you should give him a flower quickly! hehehehe

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Anonymous said...

Ooh I love the flower pincushion! I cna't wait to see Emmitt's! If you made them bigger, they would be a perfect doggy bed! lol

Lisa M Griffin said...

Those pin cushins are so colorful and cute! What a nice addition to a sewing basket. Thanks for sharing and congrat's on your awards as well. Looking forward to seeing your journals too!

Tara's Art Camp said...

Emmitt looks so cute in this photo! Congrats!

Unknown said...

Those pincushions are ADORABLE, Melissa! Congrats on the blogger awards. I can't wait to see your journals!

The Devil Dog said...

The pin cushions are great, congrats on the awards, but... Where are the quilts? Where is the fabric? mom is looking for it!

Roxy

Peng Peng said...

what a cool pincushion project! I really really need a new pincushion. half my pins are lost inside my raggedy old one!
congrats on your blog awards.
PS> emmitt looks very fetching on the green chair :O)

Robin Pedrero said...

when I first saw the pincushion it looked like an IKEA gift, too cool, wonderful awards too!

Salinger The Pug said...

OOHHH! LOVE the pincushions! Much cooler than my mom's old raggedy tomato pincushion!

Emmitt is TOO adorable. I keep playing the love song he performed for Dixie Bugg and Salinger keeps singing along! HAHAHAHA!

Hope all is well with you!

Love,

S-Dog and Laura

Unknown said...

Those are great Melissa! I bet Emmypants would like his dipped in peanut butter....
xxooo

marianne said...

Sweet pincushions!
Oh and Emmitt is posing adorable!

lizzy said...

congratulation on your award! you know, emmitt looks really upset that you did not make him a flower! better get to sewing!