Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fall is on my mind...


Emmitt the taste tester!
Emmitt and I are so happy that our favorite time of year is just right around the corner. We love Fall! The crisp air and the turning leaves are magical to us!
The weather in Colorado has broken and has been beautiful and in the high 70's & low 80's. There is that crispness in the air and my apples are starting to turn red on our tree out front. Yay! All wonderful signs of Autumn after a hot Summer. :)
I am also working on my Pug Notes Fall Newsletter that is so much fun to create. The recipe section will feature (drum roll please)... Turkey Meatloaf!
Emmitt and I made them this weekend and he approves with a 4 paws up!
If you would like a copy of the Quarterly Newsletter to arrive in your inbox in October complete with the Turkey Meatloaf recipe, fun news, and the famous "Meet the Pugs" section featuring puggies from all over the world, please email me with your name and email address. I will sign you up right away. Emmitt and I never share your information with anyone.
Please also feel free to email me anytime if you have a favorite recipe, or pug photos and stories to share for future newsletters.
Emmitt and I love sharing all the connections he makes all over the world. :)
For some more fun, please check out our friends, Rachel and her puggies Winston & Clemmy's blog for a fun contest they are running... Project Dogway.
Emmitt and Moe made a special contribution to this weeks challenge. :)
Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!

16 comments:

Nichol Brinkman said...

4 paws up!!!! LOL!!!!

Thanks for the award Melissa!

Heather said...

Sounds delish! I love fall too, I hope this "cold snap" doesnt break...but I think it will eventually :( here anyway!

Nevis said...

I'm sure Emmitt didn't mind being a taste tester at all!!! Can't wait for the fall issue.

Oh, and thanks for the award? I can't remember if I thanked you.

Puddleglum said...

Being in Colorado, I LOVE this cooler weather! All heat and no air conditioning makes Puddy a dull boy...

Unknown said...

We were loving the cooler weather in Ohio also! But alas, back in VA the thermometer was still up over 90. boo hiss.
Thanks for the contest shout out!

Molly the Airedale said...

We love autumn too, Emmitt, with the cooler temps! Your turkey meatloaf sounds delicious!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Linda O'Neill said...

Ooooh...Maisie is slobbering for some of that meatloaf! She would love the recipe.

Fall is our favorite time of year too...the light is so beautiful that time of year.:)

Ritobear said...

How did you get Emmitt to keep from devouring the meatloaf? Pugsley would have wolfed it down in a second. HUGS to you guys!!!!

artpaw said...

pretty floor!love the tile ... bet Emmitt loves it too on summer days! Yep I am ready for Fall as well.

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa...what a nice tasting for Emmitt...he sure is one lucky cutie....

have a great day and I have a sweet illustration on my blog for all my "sweet" friends...like you!

Manon said...

I love early fall in Ohio! Looks like Emmitt is about to devour your meatloaf! Yum! Can't believe he held still for that shot!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Oh my goodness... is that Emmitt dressed like a lobster??? too cute!

Fannie said...

Five paws!!!!!

I think I signed up for your newsletter. If not, will you please add me.

The Devil Dog said...

Mom loves autumn too, but she is not ready for it. We haven't had a decently warm summer! Ack!

Roxy

Candace Trew Camling said...

Fall is my favorite time of year too. It is truly the one time of year I savor all the wonderful things nature has to offer! Emmit looks like hes really into that dish on the floor...I bet he licked the plate clean

Sandy Mastroni said...

I just watched Emmitt and the piggy video AGAIN
It always cheers me up