Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Collage Class!


"Want to Find Happiness? Your dog will show you the way."

I had a fantastic time in collage class on Monday. What a fun workshop!

I created 2 collages. Well, actually 1 and a half. I will add to the bird one below as new ideas come to me. I am really happy with both of them, especially the backgrounds.

My goals for the day were:

  • to have fun

  • learn something new

  • create something without a plan

  • create some interesting backgrounds


The backgrounds were created by gluing textured papers to gessoed hardboard and then painting them. Super fun and easy with great results.



Here is my class.

Look at all of the supplies and fun art making going on. Lots of great energy in this room!


This is my work table. Here is my first collage as I was laying it out.



Here is the final design I glued down.


I definitely accomplished all of my goals for the day and more. I met some really nice people. One of the ladies had a 2 year old pug named Dimple at home. She was fun. She looked at the art I had brought to collage with and asked... Are you a pug person? I smiled. Little did she know she had met one of the craziest pug people she would ever meet. :)

It was a really fun day!

Oh! and I always want to let my blog friends know everything first... I just finished making two new pug dolls and made them available in my Etsy store.

Have a great Wednesday!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Melissa, these are great - how fun to take a collage class! I have friends who collect dryer lint for their collages and all sorts of things, like old buttons too. I hope you post some more of your collage creations in the future.
xxoo
n and the pees

Manda Girl said...

Oh Melissa - you are so creative and talented!!! They look very cool ;) and meeting another pug person to boot - can't beat that!

Unknown said...

aaah - those pug ornaments sell so fast!! You need sweatshop production of those - they are flying off the "shelf"!

Manon said...

Looks like a fun class Melissa! I often think I should teach one of those since I do a lot of mixed media. The pug dolls are the best!

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa....

What an amazing time you had...these collages are awesome!!! lovely work as always...

I have an award waiting for you on my blog...

hugs
Diana

Unknown said...

I must be the slowest person ever...your dolls are gone AGAIN!!

The Devil Dog said...

That must have been an awesome class. It sure looks like fun.

Roxy

Lisa M Griffin said...

What fun! Looks like this was a big class and it seems like you had a ball with your collage creation! I would love to find some spare time to take a class/workshop... maybe in a few years??? For now, I will enjoy the new techniques through you. =)
Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Collage class! That sounds like something I should do. How fun. I absolutely LOVE those pug dolls. So fun.

Anonymous said...

what fun! I love that you make time to experiment and play...I guess that's a good reason to take classes. Note to self!

Kathy said...

Awesome stuff Melissa!! Emmitt will be proud!! Lovely collage work. Bean bag dolls are just TOO cute!!!