Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Day 1 - Shopping!


The first day, I took Mel to my two favorite spots, Warwick's Stationery & Book Store in La Jolla and Ikea of San Diego!



We spent hours shopping for art, cards, books and office supplies. It is all of our favorite things all in one store. And then the greatest thing was showing Melanie Ikea. I hope oneday we have one in Colorado.







We bought tons of fun things to help merchandise my table to build height, color and focal points for our display. We got circle placemats to match my tablecloths that I brought from home, cool retro metal tins to hold switchplates, our raffle cards, mugs and magnets. I even found a green frame to showcase my raffle sign and 2 wooden foldable racks to showcase my books and plates.

Every item was $10 or less. So Cool! We even bought snazzy Ikea bags to carry everything home on the plane.

Tomorrow, I will show you pictures of our visit to The La Jolla Cove. :)

8 comments:

Nevis said...

Don't you just LOVE Ikea?

Oh, and one time when I was a daring teenager, my boyfriend and I spent a night in a cave at La Lolla cove. I'm pretty sure we were tresspassing and that it wasn't legal...but we were kids and I remember it as one of the most romantic nights of my life (up until meeting Terry, of course). And no sex! It was just talking and cuddling. Ahh...memories...

Linda O'Neill said...

I love Warwick's!! Wish I could have been there with you! Did you go to Ikea?

Your table and products all looked great, Melissa!

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa...

love when you post all these great photos and tell us a bit about your trip...what fun! and how cool to pick up all those fun finds...

can't wait to see your visit to La Jolla Cove....

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Lisa M Griffin said...

Looks like you had a great trip. Love all the pug items, really cute. Thanks for sharing.

artpaw said...

I hate to tell you this but you have been having way way too much fun with this outdoor event. Yep, you should have been fretting about rain, wind, etc. You should be exhausted and way too tired to post.
I am of course being silly and I am in awe at your fresh enthusiasm and excitement over outdoor event promotion. You go GIRL! You work looks great and this is the way to build a brand ...one show at a time.

The Devil Dog said...

We do not have an Ikea here in New Hampster. Oh well. Your tables looked great. We hope you did well. Mom still can't get over the yogurt covers you use. She thinks that is such a cool idea.

Roxy

kari and kijsa said...

So many cute things!!! SO much fun and shopping on this show trip!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Too Cute Pugs said...

What great photos! I love Ikea too. The closest one to us now is over 2 hours away. :o(

Your trip sounds wonderful. So glad you had a great time.