Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Think Jot Draw Contest Results are In...

A few months ago, I entered the Think.Jot.Draw Cover Contest.
The winner gets the privilege of having their artwork on the cover of the book, printed in a limited edition, and will receive several copies and Sharpie pens.

The results were just announced, and I am happy to say that I received Honorable Dog Mention, and I will receive a copy of my favorite journal, Think Jot Draw. YAY!

The judge, Amanda Shepherd, children's book illustrator and artist, wrote a commentary on all of the entries...

HONORABLE DOG MENTION
Melissa Langer: Love, love, love the dog! This dog has so much personality and character. I have never seen anything like him. This is a great thing -- very close to a portfolio piece... read more...

I really enjoyed participating in this great contest. Think.Jot.Draw is a wonderful planning journal for all of your projects and keeps your patterns, ideas and doodles all in one place. I use it to record all of my favorite crochet patterns. It even came to Jamaica with me to make pug tape mesures and finger puppets. It is great for adult and kids. The creator, Leeza Hernadez has created a Kid's Gallery for children to send in their drawings that they create in their journals.

I just love this book!





Now that I have participated in a contest, I will not be so intimidated to join in on more in the future. It was FUN!

8 comments:

Peng Peng said...

You Make My Day! ps. you've been "doggy" tagged, lol. See my blog for details :O)))

Frances Louise said...

Woo-hoo! Congratulations on being the "honorable mention", although we think you should have won!

Nichol Brinkman said...

Whoa, I am glad you commented in my blog because now I know just where to shop for my bf who loves all things pug. Great blog!

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa....

congrats on the honorable mention!!! that is great to hear....

I love your submission....If you hear of any cool contests let me know too..I would love to participate...

hugs!

Paula said...

Wowza, congratulation on your honorable mention win! Your work is beautiful, you should not be afraid to enter it into anything..anytime.

I am going to have to check out what this etsy is.

Hugs .... Paula

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!

Jen

Moira said...

Very cool! Congratulations, Melissa : )

Unknown said...

Hey Congrats Melissa!! That is WONDERFUL and you deserve it. YOur work deserves lots of exposure. I really dig your pugs!! And Emmitt!! (And my own pugs too!!)

HEY...I LOVE that you show your TJD journal in USE!! How cool. I asked for one for Christmas, and it is in my stockpile of not-yet-used sketchbooks. I'm about to use it -- wanted to save it for a special project.

Hugs to you and Emmitt!!