Thursday, January 17, 2008

Shiba Inu and A Place to Bark

Shiba Inu

Meet my latest pug pal, a Shiba Inu. We have several of these beautiful dogs in my neighborhood. They talk to Emmitt everytime we walk by their houses. They remind me of little foxes with a curly tail. I had a wonderful time creating this painting yesterday.

After cleaning my brushes, I visited Linda's blog, and I learned about a wonderful cause to help homeless dogs and cats. A Place to Bark is an animal shelter in TN that rescues animals that would otherwise be destroyed. Bernie Berlin is working hard to save these beautiful animals and she needs our help. She is in a contest to win up to $50,000 for her shelter to continue her work. You can help with as little as a $10 donation. Read more about it on her blog.

Thank you for taking the time to read about her cause. There are so many dogs and cats that find new happy lives because of her work and our donations.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Melissa....

oh I think this one may be my favorite....so sweeeeeeeeeeeeet....

A place to bark is a great cause...nice to see so many people are aware of it and have shared the message....

I bet you will be watching Celebrity Apprentice tonight....I can't wait....hope the guys win again....

hehehehe

Cheers,
Diana

Frances Louise said...

What a great cause . . . all dogs (and cats, I guess) should have loving homes to stay in.

Nice picture -- Grandma's dog is a Shiba Inu! He is quite handsome but a spaz . . .

Kats_Kritters said...

cute Shiba.. Looks like my girl, Suki.

claudine hellmuth said...

thank you so much for posting about this wonderful cause!!!

zuzu said...

=^..^= hi!

Just popping on over having found your link at Bernie's :o)

Your paintings are WONDERFUL ... The Shiba is a new breed for me to discover ... Hadn't heard of this one before!

And is that a CORGI pug pal painting I spy? Ooooo ::happy::dance:: I must go over to Etsy to see that one!

My neighbor has the most darling pug ever ... comes over to visit with the biggest smile on his face! Can't help but smile back no matter what your mood is when a puggle furperson smiles! They seem to grin with their entire body, don't they?!

Thrilled to have found your blog, and your sweet paintings!

=^..^= love, zU