Friday, December 21, 2007

Altered Book Class - Week 4


Happy Friday and Winter Solstice!

We had our last class yesterday, and I am sorry it is over. It was great fun! I finished my cover of my book by adding two of my pugs and 3 tiny pom poms to the existing cover. I am very pleased with how it turned out.

We also learned how to engineer pop-ups! My favorite! Here are a few pictures to try and show the dimension.

Melanie made a wonderful pop up of her corgi, Moe. She surrounded her pop up with maps of Arkansas where they went to adopt him. I love it! An ingenius idea!


I also completed some pages I started last week and the back of my pop up pages, with photographs of Fred, Emmitt and me taken this summer. What a special keepsake this book has become.

I am excited to create the remaining pages left in my altered book. I have several ideas and will keep you posted! Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

Love your books, Melissa! And your new cards sets are fabu!

Gonna get some snow today? Maisie hopes so! xox

Moira said...

Awesome! I especially love the pop ups!!

♥Lisa and The Pug Posse ♥ said...

Oh I love those! So creative!