Friday, November 16, 2007

Pug Collage

Happy Friday!

For me, the great thing about art is that it builds on itself. Techniques you learn in one arena carry over into what you already know, and the whole experience becomes a richer journey.


Last week, I created a plate for my collagraph class. It was a pug collaged with different papers soley chosen for their textures, not colors. It was like I was painting in 3-d instead of color so that when it printed, I would get the values of black, grey and white to make the effects I wanted.


I like the plate so much that when I was done, I hated to ink it up. So I decided to do it again, with a different pug and to collage with texture and color in mind this time.

I had the best time and love the results. I will be creating more of these paper paintings!

My new pug collage is available in print as note cards in my etsy shop.

1 comment:

cowbelly said...

I love, love LOVE these collages Melissa! They are so rockin.

I have been wanting to comment on them like forever but things are cray-zee at the moment!

I also wanted you to know I haven't forgotten about you tagging me! I'm hoping next week I will have some more time. :-)

LOVE the collages! (Did I mention how cool they are?)

Keep them up!!!