Monday, November 19, 2007

Craft Day with Melanie

Melanie and I had so much fun this weekend. We had a craft day and made teddy bears and potato prints.



Mel made 2 velvet bears and I made 2, two sided bears each with a different color fur and face.










We had a ton of fabric, buttons, fabric yo yos and ribbons to choose from.






Emmitt even shared in the fun. He brought us every toy out of his toy box!





Then I showed Mel how to make prints with a few red potatoes, a knife and some cheapy watercolor paints. We cut the potatoes in half, gouged out some shapes, painted them with watercolors and stamped away.







I think they will work as fun embellishments for our altered book workshop that is coming up next week.

3 comments:

Kara (Turskey) Vaught said...

you are so talented - and you have a very cute muse!

Linda O'Neill said...

Those bears are adorable! Love 'em!

Leeza Hernandez Illustrator said...

I LOVE these — I forgot how much fun potato printing is - wonderful post - can't wait to see how the altered art turns out as a finished product!!!