Thursday, September 27, 2007

Rectangular Knitting Loom

I think everyone knows by now how much I enjoy my circular knitting loom that I bought at the Wool Market in June. I think I have made at least 10 hats, and I just finished a neck gator, which is a hat with two open ends that you wear as a scarf, but it is a tube.


Well, more excitement! I bought a new rectangular loom on Monday on sale for only $7 at Hobby Lobby. :) It knits flat pieces instead of hats and tubes, so I see pot holders, scarves and possible some pug dolls in the near future. I spent sometime learning how to knit with it yesterday and here is my progress so far...




It is very easy. You just wind the yarn around the pegs and use the hook to pull one loop over another to make a stitch. A few times around and you can see the fabric is peeking out the bottom of the loom. It is really fun and relaxing. I will keep you posted on what this turns out to be. Since I grabbed the yarn I make my pug dolls with, I think I know what direction I am heading with this project. :)

No comments: