Tuesday, February 20, 2007


Woodcuts
I also put together a collage of my woodcuts. I used gesso for the first time as a base for the page on the right. I then wiped on and off two colors of acrylic paint. The gesso is a wonderful way to add flexibility and texture to the paper. On the left side, I used a piece of Japanese wrapping paper. It has characters and pictures all over it. I wrote words on it in india ink that I bought last year and never used. It is fun to work with. I love how it flows off of the brush and stays so dark even after it dries. I am having a great time experimenting with things I have collected and saved. Everything has its own time and place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These collage pieces are amazing! I give you so much credit... you are so inspirational as you seem so fearless to experiment and try new techniques! I wish I had a tad of that fearlessness, LOL. I am so nervous to break out of my "normal" mode of making art-! :o(

Jen