Monday, September 04, 2006


I choose to document my last year of creating art starting from September 2005. It is exactly one year ago that I left my day job and started a new one as a full time artist.
In years prior, if I created 5 paintings, I was thrilled. My paintings do not come to me everyday. I describe them as energy. I tell people that I can feel a painting coming on. So, when I count how many paintings I have created this year and see that the number is 51, I am amazed. :)
The 51 paintings include 11 pugs and 40 what I call Pug Pals. For the first time, I wanted to capture other breeds of dogs as well. With all of these wonderful faces starring at me, I realized they were another children's book. So, in April of this year, I started my journey of writing "Why Am I Special?"

I am extremely proud to share my book with the world. The lesson taught to me everyday by my pug, Emmitt shines through. We do not need to look long and hard, sometimes beating ourselves up on the way, to find our purpose, why we are here, why we are special. The answer is unique to each of us because we are all unique in who we are and what we have to show the world. The answer is to be yourself and appreciate who you are because it is a gift to the world that inspires others around you more than you will ever know.

No comments: