Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Creation of a Painting
I had so much fun documenting the stages of my painting process. I have never stopped to capture each step from my initial sketch on wood to completed painting.
I am excited to share it.
The painting is the latest from my Pug Pal collection.
I sketch each painting on a piece of hemlock wood that is 8 x 10 x 3/4. Then, I open up my box filled with acrylic paints and choose my colors. Each step is completed by a flow of energy that either keeps going or encourages me to take a break and step back to see what I have created. Now, for the first time, you get to see what I see when I step back.
Enjoy!



2 comments:

Kizzypug said...

Melissa, I have so enjoyed reading your Blog, you are very talented.

Do give Emmitt a big Pug hug from us. We will be back again to read about what you are doing.

Best wishes from your friends in the UK, Nicky (Kizzypug) and Pugs - Uncle Cecil, Pip & Ty

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Nicky! Thank you so much for your warm message! How wonderful to meet you! Emmitt his sitting next to me smiling. Hug your pugs for me too! Melissa